Thursday, November 1, 2007

Filmmaker Demme, Keeping Up With the Man From Plains




In recognition of his new movie, Jimmy Carter Man From Plains, The Washington Post has a great interview with alum and director Jonathan Demme (he came to Wes a couple years ago for a screening of "Silence of the Lambs").

An excerpt from the interview:

Q: More stamina: Jonathan Demme, 63, or Jimmy Carter, 83?

A: [Laughs.] I'm a much healthier aerobic person having been on the road with Carter. Carter has the stamina.

...and...

Q: In college you wanted to be a veterinarian. How do you get along with animals nowadays?

A: I love kids more than animals now. My standard poodle is one of the stars of the film I'm doing now ["Dancing With Shiva"]. Her name is Olive, please mention her. I went to college one semester, long enough to know that I couldn't do college chemistry. For years as a kid I worked as a kennel man and as a veterinary assistant, but I never had to put on the white coat.

>>>Wanna catch the movie: click here for showtimes; check out the trailer here.

No comments: